At the May 24th Council Meeting the City Council made a decision to transfer production responsibility of the weekly newsletter from the Mayor to Town staff. The topic was discussed at length on Tuesday night and a number of residents took the opportunity to express their opinions during the Public Hearing. You can watch the entire discussion here.
As a result of the Council’s decision, staff is working hard to make a smooth transition. During the transition, I would like to ask for your patience as we take a few weeks to prepare. To put an internal process in place and a plan to address all the details to fulfill this objective will require a little time. Our goal is to create a newsletter that is informational, engaging, and timely.
Your continued feedback will be a vital part of the success of this newsletter. We’ve created a very brief survey to collect any thoughts, ideas or suggestions you would like share with us as we embark on our planning process. To participate in the survey, click on the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AddisonNewsletter
As we head into the Memorial Day Weekend I did want to make you aware of a few things:
- City Offices will be closed on Memorial Day.
- CWD will still be collecting trash on Memorial Day, so you can put your trash out as usual.
- Kaboom Town has been nominated by USA Today as one of the top fireworks shows in the country, but we need your help to vote to keep us at the top of the list. You can vote heredaily (from multiple devices!) through June 20.
- The next Council Strategic Planning Session will be on Friday, June 3 at the Addison TreeHouse from 3pm – 7pm.
- A full closure of the Dallas North Tollway (DNT), in both directions, will occur the weekend of June 10-12 when the NTTA will demolish the Tennyson Parkway bridge over the DNT in Plano. All traffic will be diverted to Dallas Parkway so you may want to consider alternative routes. This flier has more details, but you can get more specifics on all NTTA projects at org.
Be on the lookout for the first issue of our new weekly newsletter on or before June 17!
I wish you all a happy and safe holiday weekend! Thank you for your patience and support.
Addison City Manager