You may have noticed there is some construction taking place at the Dallas North Tollway and Belt Line Road intersection. Since that intersection is located in Dallas, TxDot is responsible for the improvements that are slated to be completed in September (weather permitting). Here’s what you can expect to see when they finish:
- Dedicated U-turn lanes will be modified to allow for a combined left turn only and U-turn lane. This means that there will always be two left turn lanes at each approach.
- Alternating lane assignment signage will be removed.
- Traffic signal poles in the intersection will be replaced.
- The traffic signal pole located on the northeast corner of the intersection will be relocated to provide improved pedestrian access.
- Pedestrian ramps will be reconstructed and overall upgrades will be completed to improve the pedestrian access throughout the intersection.
- New pavement markings.
We are excited to see the impact these changes have on the traffic in this busy intersection. Thanks for your patience during construction!